I score Hole-In-One @ Saujana Palm Course Hole No. 12

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Today got to be one of the happiest day of my life and lifetime achievement as a golfer when I score a Hole-In-One @ Saujana Palm Course Hole No. 12. What a day and a very special moment and feeling for this wonderful drive that went straight in to the hole.


Palm Course Hole No. 12
This afternoon golf was set up at the last minute when Frank Smith sms me @ 8.53am whether I am interested to play as he and Wesley Khaw will play 2 balls. So I called my friend Len to join so that we play 4 balls and he replied okay. So we agreed to meet at clubhouse at 1.30pm.

We actually booked to play at Bungaraya Course but the Palm Course has got slot so we decided to play at Palm. We started from Hole No. 10 and got double bogey followed by No. 11 also a double bogey.

Then come Hole No.12 when the impossible happened. I teeoff after Wesley who hit a very good shot which landed on the green. When its my turn to teeoff, I took out my Kasco 33 Super Hyten K2K - 3 wood for this hole which is 176yards uphill. I position myself and hit the Srixion ball very crisply with the ball flying straight at the pin. My golf mates said it is possible that it could a Hole-in-One.

When after Len and Frank finished teeoff, we drove our buggy up to the green to look fro our ball and I asked where is my ball. Wesley walked to the hole and shouted it is inside and you have score a Hole-in-One. All of them congratulated me for this Shot of a Lifetime.

Eventhough this Hole-in-One did not win any prizes as it is just a social game, I am extremely happy that I have managed to score a Hole-in-One after so many years playing golf. We continued our next 15holes and I played alright with few pars and a birdie but blow up 3 holes and ended with a respectable score of 99 at the famous Cobra course.

Below is my scorecard.
Look at Hole No.12 which I have highlighted the Hole-In-One.
If it is during an Official Tournament like the Mercedes Invitational, I would have won a Brand New Mercedes E200 Kompressor worth RM300k and above.

When you score Hole-In-One, you have got to buy drinks and/or foods for all players back at the clubhouse. Luckily, I have got HLA golf insurance which covers my Hole-In-One expenses for uoto RM1K.

After the game, I reported to the reception about my achievement and fill up the insurance form. My golf mates bought me a dozen of Srixion Ball each.
The next things I got to do is to bang the Gong to announce to all at the clubhouse and I instructed the Captain to get everyone a drinks at my expense. Many of them come forward to congratulate me. The total expense came up to RM668.34.Left to Right.
Back row standing is Len and Frank. Front row, Wesley Khaw and me.

The club executive, Mr Jason took my scorecard, insurance form and the ball that I hole in to frame it up in a plaque for me. I will also be getting a Hole-In-One Certificate soon.

Pure Joy!!!! I am so so happy.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe