Safe Deposit Boxes

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

We opened Safe Deposit Box to store originals of your insurance policies; family records such as birth, passport, marriage and death certificates; original deeds, titles, mortgages, leases and other contracts; stocks, bonds and certificates of deposit (CDs). Other valuables worthy of a spot in your safe deposit box include special jewels, medals, rare stamps and other collectibles, negatives for irreplaceable photos, and videos or pictures of your home's contents for insurance purposes (in case of theft or damage).

I had one with Maybank for something like 20 years ago and I hardly go back then to have a look at it. We just kept our jeweleries there.

Some months ago, I was free and I dropped by at the bank branch to have look at the contents whether the items are still there or not since few cases of Safe Deposit Boxes got burglar when the thief burrowed underground to get into the safe deposit area.

When I opened up the safe deposit box, there was another lock which we use to padlock the safe box again but I do not have the key. So I gave up and go home to look for the key but fail to identify and find the key. I contacted the my home branch Manager and he told me that I have to go the Safe Deposit Branch to get their contract locksmith to opened the lock.

So I went back to the branch yesterday to sort out the matter.

Me: I have a small problem, I cant find my key to open the padlock for my safe deposit box.
Bank Clerk(BC): Is you payment up to date.?

Me: I have auto debit with your bank. What you mean my payment up to date or not. You check and see.?
BC: OK, Ok Let me check.

Me: So my padlock how? Do I need to bring in a locksmith to help me open.
BC: No..No..no need. I have hammer and the necessary tools, I can help you open it.
Many auntie, ah Soh also have same problems, I help them opened and they just pay me
kopi money. If you call outside locksmith, they charge you much more and we do not allow them to come too.

Me: Why cannot?
BC: If they come in this area they will know how the safe deposit box area is like. We scared they later use the information.

In my heart:
(Aiya, dont tell me locksmiths do not open safe deposit box with banks, where is the logic? )

Me: OK lah, you help me open lah?
BC: OK. Wait I go get my tools.

We went inside the Safe Deposit Box area and he used a hammer and screwdriver to knock the padlock and it finally opened after few hard knocks.

Me: TQ very much
BC: No problem, you take your time check the items. Call me when you are finished.

After about 15mins and confirming that all items are intact, I called him to open the door.

Me: So how much I should pay you for the service?
BC: Just a small amount for makan okay oledi.

I gave him RM10.00 and he happily accepted it. I am also happy as I will pay more if I get outside locksmith to help.

Moral of story: If you are willing to pay, you can get things done.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe