2006 Corruption Perception Index

Monday, February 12, 2007

Malaysia is ranked No. 44 among 163 countries in the 2006 Corruption Perception Index (CPI) Report published by Transparency International. In 2005, Malaysia was ranked at No. 39 which means that we have dropped 4 ranks. The CPI also places Malaysia on 10th placing out of 25 economies in the Asia Pacific Region.
This showed that our present government anti-corruptions programme is not bearing any fruits.
Fight Corruption and showed that Malaysia Boleh. We should be aimimg to be No.1 in the CPI index.!!!

There must be more transparency in the government. Toll Concessionaires Agreement should not be classified as Official Secrets. The people have the rights to know about the details of the agreement and why are we paying the current tolls rates. By not making the Agreements public, this give the impressions that there is something to hide.

The recent set up a high-level special task force to cut red tape and improve delivery of public service is a good move. The more red-tapes involves, it gives the opportunity for corruption to take place and therefore all unnecessary documentations should be get rid off and one stop agency should be set up to speed up processing of permit applications and renewals if it involved many government agencies.

We are supposed to be the most high tech government with the setting up of the MSC with the aim of going paperless when possible.

Hapuskan Rasuah. Eliminate Corruption.
Report to:
Badan Pencegah Rasuah Malaysia
(Anti-Corruption Agency Malaysia)
Blok D6, Parcel D
Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan
Peti Surat 6000
62007 Putrajaya

Tel : 03 8886 7000
Fax : 03 8888 9489

Explanatory notes*

* CPI Score relates to perceptions of the degree of corruption as seen by business people and country analysts, and ranges between 10 (highly clean) and 0 (highly corrupt).

** Confidence range provides a range of possible values of the CPI score. This reflects how a country's score may vary, depending on measurement precision. Nominally, with 5 percent probability the score is above this range and with another 5 percent it is below. However, particularly when only few sources are available, an unbiased estimate of the mean coverage probability is lower than the nominal value of 90%.

*** Surveys used refers to the number of surveys that assessed a country's performance. 12 surveys and expert assessments were used and at least 3 were required for a country to be included in the CPI.

You Might Also Like


Popular Posts